Quality Control Inspector
Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
The Quality Control Inspector reviews and documents work product at each stage of the unique manufacturing process. This position works closely with third party inspectors and internal production teams to ensure work conforms to both local and state code requirements, and meets rigorous internal quality standards. QC team members are responsible for visually inspecting work, reviewing test procedures, and documenting each step of the quality control process. Must have knowledge of building codes and be able to interpret project drawings and specifications.
- 2 years of construction-related experience
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings and other construction documents
- Knowledgeable in local and state code requirements
- Experience working with construction and third-party inspection teams
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site and modular construction
- Knowledge of various construction materials
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Experience with Bluebeam, BIM 360, and Microsoft Office
- Standing and walking a significant portion of the day
- Occasional lifting, up to twenty-five pounds