Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design by utilizing Revit, BIM360 and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Purchase Agent will interface directly with the Production Manager and support the experienced F_OS Procurement Team, as well as interface and coordinate with F_OS external partners and vendors. The position will be responsible for soliciting bids, assist in procuring new vendors and trade partners, generate and track purchase orders and receipts, maintain cost and inventory catalogs, and other material purchase-related duties. Must be well organized and have detail-oriented approach.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in construction management or related credentials and 2+ years of procurement experience
- Experience with BIM 360, pdf mark-up tools, Excel, and other related software packages
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of ERP software packages – with experience in Sage 100 preferred
- Experience working with construction teams in an integrated/collaborative environment
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal