Operating System Engineer
Full Time — Factory OS
Founded in 2017, F_OS is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo (California), has the capacity to build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design and fabrication including Revit, StrucSoft, BIM360, and Dynamo. The F_OS Operating System is currently in development to provide a software platform for integrating the company’s design, supply chain management and fabrication work flows. The purpose of the Operating System is twofold: (1) to implement automation for increasing efficiency and reducing cost of the F_OS design through production processes; and (2) to replicate and scale the first F_OS factory into regions throughout the U.S.
The Operating System Engineer will be responsible for managing the development and continuous improvement of the F_OS Operating System software platform. This is a solutions oriented position that will entail working with the current software integration team and software partners to develop and drive the OS product development road map, identify new opportunities for customization and increased automation, manage the OS rapid implementation process, and train the F_OS staff for implementation. A key responsibility includes designing and programming customization of our existing software programs for F_OS workflow and process improvement efficiency and automation. This position may also include writing technical documents including project status reports, business requirements documents, and Operating System documentation, in addition to preparing presentations for board members, investors, strategic software partners and internal management team.
• At least five years’ experience in the fields of architecture, engineering or construction;
preferably at least two of these fields.
• An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture or related credentials.
• Extensive experience with REVIT, Revit API, Dynamo, BIM360 (and StrucSoft capabilities
preferred but not required).
• Experience with workflow process design for design and fabrication environments.
• Familiarity with prefabrication, lean manufacturing, CNC machinery, and
• Familiarity with supply chain management and procurement processes.
• Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative
• Experience with QA/QC processes and process improvements.
• Excel in clear and concise communications, both verbally and in writing, with a wide
range of employees including management, architects/engineers, shop floor workers,
and third party vendors.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS
• Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional environment.
• Motivation to independently identify and drive solutions in complex decision-making
• Interest in working in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity and
early stage processes and procedures
• Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.