Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design by utilizing Revit, BIM360 and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Manufacturing Engineer will interface directly with the Director of Design and support the experienced F_OS Design and Engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineer will also interface and coordinate with the F_OS external partners. This position will be responsible for producing multifamily housing framing models using Revit, computational design tools, and StrucSoft’s MWF software for wood frame construction. A key responsibility will be improving the efficiency, automation, and customization for the unique F_OS design and fabrication process.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture, engineering, or related credentials
- Experience with StrucSoft MWF for wood frame construction
- Experience with BIM software and proficient with Autodesk Revit
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings for understanding wall types.
- Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative design environment
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal
To apply for this position, please submit on your information and resume at FactoryOS.com.