Manufacturing Engineer (MEP Focus)
Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design by utilizing Revit, BIM360 and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The MEP-focused Manufacturing Engineer will interface directly with the Director of Design and support the experienced F_OS Design and Engineering team, as well as interface and coordinate with F_OS external partners. This position will be responsible for interpreting design drawings and specifications, identifying constructability issues, and producing fabrication drawings for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems using Revit. A key responsibility will be improving the efficiency, automation, and customization for the unique F_OS design and fabrication process.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture, engineering, or related credentials
- Experience with BIM software and proficient with Autodesk Revit
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Working knowledge of California Building Code and other pertinent codes related to mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative design environment
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal
To apply for this position, please submit on your information and resume at FactoryOS.com.