Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a complete BIM-systems approach to design. The company’s integrated software operating system uses Revit models hosted in BIM360 and other cloud shared data sets, along with connected digital fabrication tools, to change the way we build.
The IT Specialist is responsible for installing or upgrading components and software, network administration, information security, and IT support issues or troubleshooting. The IT Specialists works closely with the VP of Technology + Innovation to understand information needs of operational teams to make data systems navigable and scalable. This role also participates in technical research to enable continuous innovation and improvement of F_OS IT systems.
- 2+ years of experience in information technology
- Experience working in Windows 10 + Windows Server 2008+ operating systems, Active Directory, Office 365, and Azure
- Working knowledge of Powershell scripting
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Excellent written and communication skills
Other Desirable Skills
- MCSE or related industry certifications
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular fabrication
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Familiar with a wide range of software and hardware
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented