Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a wide range of software tools, ranging from Autodesk’s Revit and BIM 360, to cutting-edge ERP system, and custom tools as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Innovation Engineer reports directly with the VP of Tech + Innovation and supports individual F_OS focus areas to optimize operational efficiency across business units. Candidate must have strong communication skills, with the ability to work with different departments to understand key business rules to increase understanding and adoption of new technologies. The Innovation Engineer will also provide specification and design documentation for innovation initiatives, work with industry partners in sourcing new potential technology solutions for F_OS and provide continued training and support for current solutions. Preferred candidate will have lean manufacturing or construction experience and have a constant curiosity for new process and technological solutions.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture, engineering, or related credentials
- Experience with BIM, ERP, and other software – proficiency in Autodesk Revit and Sage preferred
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Experience working with an integrated/collaborative design environment
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused
To apply for this position, please submit on your information and resume at FactoryOS.com.