Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design by utilizing Revit, BIM360 and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Engineering Manager will interface directly with the Director of Design and coordinate design work with the F_OS Design and Engineering team. The Engineering Manager will develop, in coordination with the Design Director, F_OS standardized unit plans for State Department of Housing submittals, client interface, and production/fabrication models. The Engineering Manager will also regularly interface with external design partners to ensure all necessary design information is provided promptly to provide robust fabrication level drawings. A key responsibility will be the creation of Revit models that are coordinated with the F_OS fabrication process, including automating design processes and BIM functionality.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture, engineering, or related credentials
- Experience with for wood frame construction
- Experience with BIM software and proficient with Autodesk Revit –
- Experience with design automation and generative design tools, such as Dynamo, Grasshopper
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Extensive knowledge of the California Building Code
- Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative design environment
Other Desirable Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Highly responsive and client-focused with superb communications skills, both written and verbal
To apply for this position, please submit on your information and resume at FactoryOS.com.