Digital Fabrication Specialist
Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a complete BIM-systems approach to design. The company’s integrated software operating system uses cloud shared Revit models hosted in BIM360 and leverages digital fabrication tools to streamline production processes.
The Digital Fabrication Specialist is responsible for the application and integration of hardware used to streamline the F_OS production process. The Digital Fabrication Specialist reports directly to the VP of Technology + Innovation and works to validate, maintain and deploy tools to enhance key production workflows, as well as train production team members in the use of new production machinery. They also regularly interface with production team members to establish equipment safety standards and protocols, develop strategies for continuous equipment improvement, and maintain a culture geared for continuous learning.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related credentials
- 2+ years of digital fabrication experience using CNC milling, additive manufacturing, robotic arms, and associated tools
- Strong knowledge of tools and materials related to wood framing design and fabrication
- Familiarity with BIM design and fabrication tools
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Excellent written and communication skills
Other Desirable Skills
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Experience scripting and controlling CNC, robotic, or Arduino systems
- Ability to monitor and repair analog and digital fabrication machinery
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented