Full Time — Factory OS
Founded in 2017, F_OS is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo (California), has the capacity to build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design including Revit, BIM360 and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Design Technician would interface directly with the Director of Design and support the experienced F_OS Design/Engineering team. The Design Technician will also coordinate with the F_OS design and engineering team partners. This position will be responsible for producing multifamily housing framing models using StrucSoft’s MWF software for wood frame construction. A key responsibility will be improving the efficiency, automation and customization of the StrucSoft software program for the F_OS unique design and fabrication process.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture or related credentials
- Extensive experience with StrucSoft MWF for wood frame construction
- Experience with design software and proficient with Autodesk Revit
- Ability to read structural and architectural drawings for the purpose of preparing wood frame fabrication documents and related fire rated details
- Familiarly with MEP and prior experience interfacing with MEP design engineers
- Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative design process
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional environment
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity and early stage processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal