Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a complete BIM systems approach to design by utilizing Revit, BIM360, Dynamo and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Computational Designer will interface directly with the VP of Technology and Innovation and support the experienced F_OS Design and Engineering team, as well as coordinate with external design partners to define standards and formatting recommended best practices for the modular construction industry. The Computational Designer will develop and maintain custom nodes or design scripts to automate F_OS standard design processes, utilizing Revit, Dynamo, and StrucSoft’s MWF software for wood frame construction. Experience with volumetric modular design and construction is recommended, curiosity around understanding the F_OS production process is required.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture, engineering, or related credentials
- Experience with BIM software and proficient with Autodesk Revit and Dynamo
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative design environment
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Experience with StrucSoft’s MWF for wood frame construction
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused
To apply for this position, please submit on your information and resume at FactoryOS.com.