Business Development Manager
Full Time — Factory OS
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage. F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design including Revit, BIM360 and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for interfacing directly with prospective and active clients and their design teams for facilitating sales and commencing the preliminary design process. Specifically, the Business Development manager will work with prospective clients to understand their design intent and program, review and provide guidance on existing design plans, conduct client meetings that include factory tours and fabrication process overviews, provide conceptual designs, provide input for F_OS modular feasibility analyses, and assist design team with fabrication/shop drawings, in addition to other design requirements as needed. The Business Development Manager also will be responsible for maintaining the Customer Relations Management (CRM) software program and producing reports on the F_OS pipeline, market segments, client status and other analytics required for internal management, board and investors.
- An accredited undergraduate degree, preferably in architecture
- Experience with design software including Autodesk Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Minimum 5 years design experience with multifamily developments (Type V and Type III
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Knowledgeable in local and California Building Code and local jurisdiction planning code
- Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional environment
- Ability to identify and drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity and early stage
processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused with superb communications skills, both written and verbal