Assistant Purchase Agent
Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a BIM systems approach to design by utilizing Revit, BIM360 and other manufacturing software as part of the company’s integrated software operating system.
The Assistant Purchase Agent will support the experienced F_OS Procurement Team, as well as interface and coordinate with external partners and vendors. The position will be responsible for entering purchase order records, assist with soliciting bids from vendors and trade partners, work with internal staff to confirm receipt of goods, maintain material inventory records, and other material purchase-related duties. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- 2+ years of construction-related procurement experience
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, and other related software packages
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of ERP software packages – with experience in Sage 100 preferred
- Experience working with construction teams in an integrated/collaborative environment
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communication skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused
- Sitting for most of the shift
- Occasional lifting, up to twenty-five pounds