Full-time — Vallejo, CA
Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS, an Autodesk partner, utilizes a complete BIM-systems approach to design. The company’s integrated software operating system uses cloud shared Revit models hosted in BIM360, leveraging design automation tools like StrucSoft’s MWF, and custom-developed software.
The App Developer builds and maintains custom BIM plugins and stand-alone applications to streamline design and production processes for modular fabrication. The App Developer reports directly to the VP of Technology + Innovation and works to understand key design workflows, plan and execute on development sprints, and assist with the deployment and adoption of custom tools. App Developers interface with each F_OS team, as well as external design partners, to define standards and formatting recommended best practices for the modular construction industry.
- An accredited undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related credentials
- 2+ years of application development and experience with the Revit API
- Strong knowledge of C# and the .NET framework
- Familiarity with Revit design processes and concepts – parametric modeling, families, etc.
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Excellent written and communication skills
Other Desirable Skills
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Desire to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
To apply for this position, please submit on your information and resume at FactoryOS.com.